Most people start off the new year with a list of resolutions that (let’s be honest here) usually go by the way side by the end of January. Or if you’re extra tenacious you last until the middle of February. I stopped making New Year’s resolutions many years ago. I’m a stay at home mom with three kids, a part time job, a caking hobby that at times seems to take over the house and a husband who works two jobs. Come on…do I really need the added stress of not keeping my resolutions? With that said, I read over at Cookies & Cups about how she’s made a list of New Year’s Intentions. Resolutions can be broken, intentions cannot. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.
So what things are on my list of intentions for 2012?
- Move more. Exactly what it sounds like. Move, dance, walk, bend, etc…whatever. Just do it more. I think I might even get to know my Kinect a little bit better this year.
- Just say no! I know this may be hard for some of you to hear, but I am not Super Woman. More often than not I have a lot on my plate. I am a mother to my core and always want to take care of people and fix everything I come across. Though I’m sure my husband would argue, I think I’ve gotten much better with this over the last few years. (It would help if my time management skills didn’t completely suck.) But for his sake (and my sanity) I’m adding this here simply because there’s always room for improvement. Right?
- Time management. See above. Still working on that one.
- 52 Cakes in 52 Weeks. Not eating them, but baking them (though eating them might just be the easier challenge). Reading #s 2 and 3 above you might be asking, what the…? What can I say? I love a challenge, and I’m totally up for it.
- Slack With all that said I’m going to cut myself some slack if I can’t be the best mother/wife/sister/daughter/organizer/planner/baker/laundry washer/toy picker upper/bed maker, etc. Sorry, but I’m not Super Woman. And you know what? That’s ok.
52 cakes in 52 weeks may be my biggest intention listed here and is also the main reason I’ve come back to this blog 3 years, 3 weeks, 5 days and some 15 pounds after initially creating it. With the encouragement of family and friends (and my addiction that is Pinterest) I’m jumping in feet first. I’ve got big plans for my first cake of the year, and it involves chocolate and peanut butter. These are two flavors I’ve wanted to combine for many months, but haven’t had the opportunity to do so.
So come along for the ride. I’ll love the company.
Keep calm and bake on,